When you discuss these types of programs, be sure you are discussing YOUR accomplishments and AVOID describing the organization/program.
EXAMPLE ACCOMPLISHMENT STATEMENTS:
Eisenhower Institute – Program Assistant, Inside Politics
- Coordinated and oversaw meetings, events, and travel logistics to Washington, D.C. for fifteen student participants.
- Led a 4-person communications team in advertising EI’s distinctive programs to the campus community, which resulted in a 30% increase in student applications.
Eisenhower Institute – Participant, Inside Politics & Women in Leadership
- Developed professional relationships with industry experts through networking events and leadership discussions.
- Presented research on the First Ladies in Society and Presidential Elections to an audience of 50 .
Leadership Certificate, Garthwait Leadership Center
- Participated in 50+ hours of specialized training and weekly leadership discussions.
- Identified a practical leadership experience on campus, established goals, and created and executed an action plan that utilized leadership skills culminating in a research presentation to over 100 students, faculty, and staff. (NOTE: this would need to be made specific to each student based on their chosen experience and relevant skills)
- Established a positive, ongoing relationship with a leadership coach through monthly meetings